It is time to start registering your teams. The entry fee is $200 per team, which includes: (1) a designated cooking space for Friday and Saturday; (2) 5 weekend passes to the festival activities (additional passes can be purchased if you have more team members); and (3) 2 team t-shirts (if you need more then let us know how many and what size).
Click here to download the Hub City Hog Fest entry form.
This competition will be performed in accordance with SC BBQ Association Rules and Regulations. The meats will be provided to each team and are included in the entry fee for the event. The categories will be Butts and Ribs. Your team can do either or both of the categories.
Click here to view SCBA Rules and Regulations.
This Year's Competitors!
1. Certified Meatheads - Walker Stockley / Al Williams - Spartanburg, SC (5th Year)
3. The Southern Way by Water Solutions - Frank Jackson - Spartanburg, SC (5th Year)
6. Bold Branch Bar-B-Que Boys - Joe Hilliard - Anderson, SC (5th Year)
8. Pork Fat Rules - Luke Pye - Inman, SC (5th Year)
9. HORNS BBQ
- Greg Ray - Greer, SC (2nd Year)
10. In The Army Que - Tony Sadler - Charlotte, NC (4th Year)
11. Palmetto V-Cue - Chris Brown - Moore, SC (4th Year)
12. Gettin Piggy With It - Travis Cash - Cowpens, SC (1st Year)
13. Dozed & B’Qued - Jared Rikard - Spartanburg, SC (1st Year)
14. Limp Brizkit - Jake Erwin
/ Max Gravlee / Chad Propst - Greenville, SC (4th Year)
15. The Local Hiker
Pit Crew - Michael Silverman - Spartanburg, SC (2nd Year)
16. Smokin’ Stacks - Jeff Smith - Aiken, SC (3rd Year)
17. Arrgh! State BBQ - Brad Albritton - Kinston, NC (1st Year)
18. McElrath Haulin’ Smoke BBQ - Doug Hayden / Justin Hall - Boiling Springs, SC (1st Year)
19. John’s All Smoked Up BBQ - John Keener - Boiling Springs, SC (2nd Year)
20. UP IN SMOKE - Brian Teigue - Rock Hill, SC (2nd Year)
21. Up All Knight BBQ - Ryan Lockwood / Gary King - Simpsonville, SC (1st Year)
23. Razorbacks BBQ - Elvia Hall - Inman, SC (4th Year)
24. Big Red’s Barbecue - Josh Allison - Pacolet, SC (4th Year)
25. PIGLET ENEMY - Jeff Martin - Moore, SC (3rd Year)
26. CACAJO - Gerald Johnson - Moore, SC (3rd Year)
27. Beer-n-Bones - Henry Depew - Spartanburg, SC (5th Year)
28. Backwoods Bar-B-Que - Gene Culbertson - Trenton, SC (2nd Year)
29. Hanging Smoke - Scott Isler - Boiling Springs, SC (3rd Year)
30. Upstate BBQ Group - Monier Abusaft - Simpsonville, SC (3rd Year)
31. JT’s BBQ - JT Handy - Summerville, SC (1st Year)
32. Coach Green’s Kickin’ Pig Barbecue - Brian Green - Greer, SC (1st Year)
33. MoDaddy's BBQ - Morris (Mo) Gray - Easley, SC (2nd Year)
34. Sparkle City Swine-O-Mite - Kevin Shook - Spartanburg, SC (3rd Year)
- JH Boman - Greer, SC (1st Year)
MORE TEAMS TO COME!!
Competition and Prizes!
On Friday night we will be having a wing competition. The team that wins the wing challenge will win $500 and a trophy.
On Saturday, the categories will be Boston Butt and Ribs. The Overall champions will receive trophies and the following cash prizes:
- Overall 1st - $2,000
- Overall 2nd - $1,500
- Overall 3rd - $1,000
Overall champions will be the teams with the best combined scores from both categories. The top 3 of each individual category will receive trophies and the following cash prize amounts:
- 1st - $500
- 2nd - $300
- 3rd - $200
*In addition, we will be doing a side brisket competition. If your team is interested please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.